Poldullie Bridge

Poldullie Bridge – Strathdon

In celebration of 300 years and the 174th Lonach Gathering August 2015


Posted in Countryside

ONE COMMENT

Bill - posted on 9th August 2019 1:46 pm

The bridges in the parish are numerous. That
of Pooldhulie, which is the oldest and most ro-
mantic, bears to have been erected by Alexander
Forbes of Inverernan, in 1715. The bridge of Luib
was built by Sir C. Forbes in 1832 ; and the
Nochty, near the church, is spanned by a sub-

stantial iron bridge. Two bridges have also been
thrown across the Don, near Newe Castle, upon
each of which is an iron plate, embellished with
the Forbes arms, and this inscription : —

Erected by Sir Charles Forbes, Bart., of Newe
and Edinglassie, 1858, from a bequest by his grand
uncle, John Forbes, Esq. of Newe.

Reply

Post a Comment