Glamping Pods at Strathdon in the Cairngorms National Park
We offer the perfect opportunity to sample the outdoors and everything the Cairngorms have to offer
Be it a short stay in one of our Luxury Pods and a blissfully relaxing hot tub session in stunning scenery with the added benefit of zero light pollution at night or an adrenaline filled mountain bike ride down our heather covered hills ( bikes not supplied ) we have something for everyone.
A Stunning View from Our Hill
Be it walking, cycling or just sitting outside taking in our unique scenery and sunrises/sunsets, you will not be disappointed…….the Cairngorms await you.
- At Cairngorms Glamping we offer the perfect opportunity to sample the outdoors and all the Cairngorms have to offer…..
- Be it a blissfully relaxing hot tub session in stunning scenery, with the added benefit of zero light pollution, or an adrenaline filled mountain bike ride down our heather-covered hills ( bikes not supplied) – we have something for everyone.
- Kids and dogs can also enjoy the Cairngorms here, our hills are great for walking and running free (the country code must be adhered to and dogs kept on a lead on the hill).
- We have a naturally occurring pond up the hill, you may see dragon flies, wild ducks and other pond life.
- The pond is a great setting for picnics and what kid, or anyone, doesn’t love a picnic?
- Get them outdoors and away from their electronic devices!! They will love the freedom to run around on the hill and the added benefit of a picnic is a sure winner!!
- It’s a perfect setting for the perfect family break, with stunning scenery that has to be seen to be believed!!
- A walking guide can be hired in via Wild Alba Tours, an ecologist with vast local knowledge will take you on a walking tour of our hill, pointing out wildlife, wild flowers and items of archaeological interest (additional charge applies).
- We also have a “Nature Corner” which encompasses an animal petting area – stroke and feed our pygmy goats Dobby, Dumbledore and Swift or/and our lambs Emma and Bella.
- We also have our golden pheasants Ron and Hermione, you can feed them but not so sure you’ll be able to stroke them haha…you’d need to catch them first!
- We even have horses named Flame and Jay in our adjacent field – they are sure to let you stroke them.
- Our “Nature Corner” prides itself, in our polytunnel, where you can teach your kids, and possibly yourselves, about growing from seed and where the stuff on your plate comes from. You can pick fruit and vegetables that we grow (subject to availability).
- We are very aware that not everybody has the opportunity to live the life we do…………..that’s why we would like to offer it to others, and help educate about the Cairngorms and the countryside. You could even make it a weekend away and stay overnight in our glamping pod (sleeps 4).
- Well…….what are you waiting for? Life is too short, make ours an experience you have soon – it will be one you never forget!!
LUXURY POD FEATURES
- Hot & Cold Water
- Fridge / Freezer
- Cooking Facilities
- Couches / Fold Out Double Beds (2)
- Electric Heating